This is more than an award….
it is one of those hugs you get from your favorite aunt,
where she squeezes you really tight and rubs your back,
as she pats you on the shoulder.
It is a hug that causes the feeling of love to pulsate through your body
with a tangibility that shatters any doubt you had allowed to creep in.
And with that, I would like to thank Arundhati Ail over at http://aruail.wordpress.com/ for the nomination.
So, what’s this award all about? You can call it Favorite Blog Award, as “Liebster” is a German word for beloved, or dearest. However, there is neither competition nor a jury. It is like a chain letter, or in this case, a “chain tag”, meant to help new, but talented bloggers with less than 200 followers to be discovered by the rest of the world.
To accept this award, all you have to do is:
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you (this would be me :))
2. Answer ten questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you (see the questions below).
3. Nominate 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees the way you were notified.
Now its my turn to let you know about my favorite blogs that totally deserve a “Liebster” award:
1) Carla Moore Mooretalkja
Not only does she blogs but she is also a YouTube vlogger. To be honest, I’m a little bit (read as a lot) shy at the idea of posting on her blog…I am THAT star struck! She does everything, from poetry to serious commentary about Jamaica and politics to hilarious reviews of Scandal. You have to check her out!
2) Some Times I Stare At Strangers http://sometimesistareatstrangers.wordpress.com/
A beautiful blog written by a truly talented artist. She is passionate about a wide variety of topics and will make you passionate about it too. She recently visited Jordan and took amazing photos and her posts about feminism *sigh*…mind blowing!
3) Ramblings to A Soulmate http://amandlovu.wordpress.com/
Truly talented writer. She has a sense of humor that shines through her writing. Her words are a pleasure to read. Only a few post post so far but I can tell she is one to watch.
My 10 questions:
- Why do you blog?
- Out of all the post that you have published, what is your favorite?
- Describe your blog in 3 words:
- What is the overall goal for your blog?
- List 1 thing you would like your followers to know about you.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- What is your favorite quote or proverb?
- If you could ask God 1 question, what would it be?
- If you could change 1 thing about this world, what would it be?
- Have you ever been in love? (wouldn’t be me if I didn’t ask a question regarding affairs of the heart ;))
Here are my answers to the questions I was asked:
1.How and when did you decide to create a blog?
I had created a blog just for fun but I never really posted anything.
Not until I had gone through one of THE worst breakups
& had exhausted my shrinks (dear friends) with my drama,
that they encouraged me to write down my feelings,
hoping it will help me sort out my feelings regarding the heart-breaker.
Funny thing is…I’ve never actually written anything about him.
2.What do you write/like writing about the most?
I only write and post on my blog when I feel truly inspired.
That is why there isn’t any set day or time span to which I post.
3.Other than blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
There isn’t a specific activity. Just enjoy spending time with my loved ones.
They can make any ordinary task memorable.
4.What is your favourite book/books?
The Bible. I mean talk about a book that has everything!
Romance, betrayal, horror, tragedy…
it has EVERYTHING!
5.What is your favourite quote?
As a person who has a folder on her laptop dedicated solely to the purpose
of all the quotes that she has seen and saved…
please don’t make me choose?!
6.Describe yourself in one word.
7.Given a chance, what would you change about yourself?
I would increase my faith.
8.What talent,other than writing, would you have wished to be born with?
I wish I could sing.
9.What was your childhood dream and has it come true?
That is a complicated question with a complex answer.
But in short: it depends on the day.
I think I might have to create a blog post about it.
10.Do you see yourself continuing to blog in the future? Why?
Blogging is an outlet.
I post the things I want to scream to the world.
But that I’m too afraid to let the people in my life know I feel.
And I think there will always be things that I’m afraid to say out loud.
And I don’t think that is necessary a bad thing.